This article explains how to embed a third-party stream within the SpotMe app.
Any service that provides a video embedding capability can be embedded within the app.
What you need
To embed a third-party live stream you will need:
- A URL to a web-based video player.
If you are working with a company that is filming and streaming your event, they will be able to provide you directly with the embed URL.
For the best possible user experience, the URL that is being embedded should:
- Have no padding and margins on the page.
- Have a responsive video player (100% width and height of the page).
- Use HTML5 standards.
- Auto-play the video with sound turn on.
- Not have a button to go full-screen.
How to embed a URL from an AV provider
If you are working with an AV/filming provider then share this page with them. After you receive the embed URL from them, simply create a live stream in Backstage and use the provided URL.
How to embed other live streams
Alternatively, you can embed a stream from any other online service.
- Schedule your live stream on the service.
- Locate the "Share" or "Embed" functionality of the service.
- Get the embed code which will usually look similar to snippet below:
<iframe src="https://example.service.com/stream/123456" width="640" height="320"></iframe>
- Extract the URL of your service's player from the embed code. In the example above the URL corresponds to:
- Create a new live stream in Backstage using the URL.
As the final step you would then add a link to the live stream to a session, feed post or as a menu item.