Backstage members can be members of one or more organizations.
A member of an organization always has a role within that organization. This role determines what rights (accesses or actions) they can perform within the organization.
As a member of an organization, the Backstage user can also be a member of one or several workspaces, and in each of those workspaces they will also have a determined role.
Note: Only organization admins can add new members to an organization, and change the roles of the members.
More information on what these roles entail is available on the Backstage user roles article.
How to add, edit or remove team members to your organization
- Log in to Backstage, and instead of accessing a workspace, go to Organizations in the main menu, and select the organization you wish to add a team member to. Here we have selected "SpotMe":
- After selecting the organization, click on Members in the menu:
- In the below screen, you can see the list of team members and their roles:
- To add a new team member to the organization, click on Add a member in the bottom left of the screen. In the pop-up you can add the member's full name, email address and select the role you wish to give them in the organization.
You can also use the role assignments section to add this org member as to specific workspaces that belong to that organization, and determine what their role will be in those workspaces. Adding the new user will send them a welcome email to access Backstage.
- To edit a team member's role, change their role in the dropdown beneath their name.
- To remove a team member from an organization, click on the trash can icon to the right of their name.
- Give a team members API Developer access, in order to access the SpotMe API endpoints for integrations. Admins have API access by default (that cannot be removed).
Please sign in to leave a comment.