A live wall for feed posts can be displayed on a large screen, either on the stage at a session or elsewhere at an event venue, for all attendees to see. It is a great way for your audience to see all the feed posts from a given feed at-a-glance, and to drive discussions.
The live wall is made up of all the posts that are pulled from a selected feed in the app. They include the name, picture and organization of the attendee who posted, as well as the date and time of the post. The live wall is frequently refreshed so that any new posts appear there in real-time.
The posts are displayed over a custom background image, with an optional title that can also be personalized:
Important: Several live walls can be created within an event. Feeds that have targeting configured cannot be used for live walls.
Note: The feed live wall will automatically adapt to the window/screen that it is being displayed on, by occupying 100% of the width of the screen. Depending on the number of posts to display and the screen resolution, the posts may not occupy the full area of the screen at all times (like in the example above). This is why we recommend adding a background image to the feed live wall.
Create a live wall
To create a feed post live wall, go to Live > Feeds in the workspace main menu, and click on New live wall:
Here you can:
- Give your live wall a name. This is only visible in Backstage. You ma y for example want to call it "Home feed live wall", if you are linking the live wall to the home feed.
- Choose the layout for the posts, i.e. the. number of columns used for the live wall. These columns are invisible and are used to display the feed posts by dividing the screen space. You may wish to choose the number of columns based on the size of the display screen. In the above example there are 3 columns.
- Choose how frequently you want the displayed feed posts to refresh/reload, i.e. to pull in any new posts from the feed.
- Choose the background color for the individual feed posts (the color behind the feed post text). In the above example the background color is white.
- Choose the (optional) title text for your live screen. The title will be displayed onscreen to the attendees and can be customized.
- Choose the formatting for the title:
You can choose the title's font color, size, weight, and alignment using the available settings, or enter a custom CSS code, for example: "font-style: italic; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif...":
- Choose/upload a background image for the live wall, that will be displayed behind the feed posts on the screen. The background image will be resized automatically by taking 100% (full screen) of the width of the live wall display. We therefore recommend that you use an image that matches the resolution of the live wall display (in 720p or 1080p HD).
- Choose the single feed in the workspace that you want the posts to be pulled from. You can select the home feed (with aggregated feed posts) or a specific individual feed.
Feeds that have targeting configured cannot be used for live walls.
- Hit Save to finish creating the live wall.
How to launch the live wall
Once you have created the live wall, go to Live > Feeds in the workspace main menu, then open Live walls and hit the Launch button for the live wall you want to launch:
The live wall will appear in a new browser window, with its own URL.
You can then access the URL via the large screen or display where you want to the feed post live wall to appear, in the venue or on the session stage.
TIP: You can use the F11 or Fn+F11 key on your computer to make the Live wall fullscreen, therefore hiding the browser toolbar and address bar.