Enterprise publishing refers to the process of submitting an app to an in-house enterprise store, which can differ based on the MAM (Mobile Application Management) platform used.
In order to distribute your app on an enterprise store, you need to:
1. Enroll in the Apple Developer Enterprise Program.
2. Get access to your enterprise developer account so you can manage your devices, IDs, and entitlements for building additional capabilities into your apps.
What the client needs to provide
1. Distribution channel for the app - the client needs to inform SpotMe about which of the following channels will be used:
Mobile application management platform/internal store*:
2. ACK issuance - the client needs to send to their SpotMe contact the following files:
Exact app ID.
Push notification certificate (.cer file) and corresponding private key (.p12 file).
Password protecting the .p12 file.
3. The client needs to provide an email address for SpotMe to send app releases to.
4. The client needs to re-sign the provided .ipa file with their enterprise certificate and target app ID.
What SpotMe will provide
1. SpotMe-signed enterprise certificate .ipa file.
The .ipa file must be re-signed with the client’s enterprise certificate and target app ID.
The push notifications must be tested by at least two users on two different devices.
2. The Android build (.apk file) ready for deployment.
The .apk file must not be re-signed or additionally processed in any other way.
3. Screenshots for all target devices.
MAM deployment checklist
After uploading the app to your internal store, please follow the below checklist:
Ensure that the CFBundleIdentifier (bundle ID) parameter in info.plist exactly matches the app ID created in step 1.
Do not change the value of the CFBundleVersion parameter in info.plist (app version).
Install the app on the enrolled device, activate it with your personal code and verify that it works correctly.
Please visit the Apple developer guide article for more information about creating IDs and certificates.
You can also learn more about re-signing apps here.
*Please note that apps are signed with SpotMe Enterprise certificate and need to be re-signed by the client.