When using SpotMe Streaming, your live video streams can be automatically published for on-demand viewing on the SpotMe platform.
In this article, we describe how you can download the on-demand version of your live stream as an MP4 file that can be shared on other platforms or stored for future use.
What you need
Before getting started, you will need to:
- Download and install Google Chrome web browser.
- Install the Stream recorder extension.
- Log in to Backstage via Google Chrome.
How to download the video
To download the on-demand video:
- Go to the live stream you want to download in Backstage.
- Click on the Stream recorder icon in the Chrome toolbar:
- The conversion will be performed. Wait for the conversion to finish. Do not close the browser tab until the process is completed:
- Click on Save once the MP4 version of the video is ready