Participants can post on the event feeds using the mobile app or the web app.
Posting on the web app
- Navigate to the Home page or home feed in the event, and click on the Write a post text:
- The below New post window is displayed, where users can select the feed they wish to post to in the dropdown list, and enter the text and any attachments (photo or video) for the post, then click on Post:
- The post appears on the selected feed:
Posting on the mobile app
- Navigate to the Home page or home feed in the event, and tap the Post or + button
- Here users can select the feed they wish to post to in the dropdown list, enter the text and add any attachments (photo or video) for the post:
- Then they can click on Post. The post appears on the selected feed:
Using mentions and hashtags
When creating a posts within the workspace, app users can mention other users and add hashtags to their posts. This is not supported when posting from Backstage.
To mention another app user, users can simply type "@" and type the name of the users they wish to tag in the post. A drop-down list will appear where the app user can select the user. When a users is mentioned in a post they will receive a notification.
Adding hashtags is even simpler, anything a user will type after entering the "#" will become a hashtag which can then be used to filter posts. App users can add hashtags to comments and replies, however they will not be visible in the hashtag search.
To attach a photo, in Android and iOS apps, app users can respectively tap the gallery or the camera icon.
The gallery icon will let users post a photo that they have already taken, while tapping the camera icon will allow them to take and post a photo directly to the feed.
Participants using the web app can post photos by clicking the attachment icon and selecting a photo.
To attach a video, in Android and iOS apps, users can tap the gallery or the camera icon. Web app users can click on the attachment icon.
The video maximum size is 10 MB, with a maximum duration of 60 seconds.
We recommend using MP4 video formats when uploading a video and H.264 codec. Posted videos will play automatically in the feed.
How do feeds work in my event?
How to create a feed?
How to post on a feed from Backstage?
How to exclude feeds from the home feed?
How to post a video on the home feed from Backstage?
How to moderate feed posts?
How to target feeds to your audience?