Your event simply can't exist without an audience.
By creating an audience, we mean ensuring that participants are successfully added as app users to the workspace. To accomplish this, there are two main routes.
Scenario 1: Event organizers know exactly who will be participating
In some cases event organizers will know exactly who they are inviting to the event, and will already have a full list of participants and their contact details (especially email addresses). This could, for example, be an event created by an organization for all their staff.
If this is the case:
- You can add them directly to your workspace in Backstage.
- Once added, you can Invite them via an email sent from Backstage, containing a link.
- Invited participants can then access the event via the app, using the link.
Scenario 2: Event organizers do not know exactly who will be participating
In some cases event organizers will not know exactly who will be participating in the event. They will typically advertize it and send out invitations, using emails or social media or any other means outside of Backstage.
If this is the case:
- You can communicate about your event and in doing so provide a link to a public registration page for participants to sign-up.
- When participants sign-up, they can provide their contact and event profile details via the registration page, and be added to the workspace in Backstage.
- They will then receive a confirmation email sent from Backstage, containing a link to access the event via the app.
TIP: You can combine the two scenarios above when needed, in whatever way best fits your needs. Another alternative can be to import your audience's details via an integration, in order to push data directly from a third party platform to your workspace in Backstage.
Note:Take a look at the Attendee journey article to help you decide what might be the best approach for building your event audience. You may also wish to read the Public registration process article to see the full registration process, including the approval and verifications steps you can add, and the emails sent out to participants from Backstage throughout the process.
Continue to the Adding app users to the workspace agenda.