This page describes the step-by-step process to create an Apple developer account for the purpose of publishing a new container app or transferring an existing app to your account.
Apple Developer Account
In order to sign up for an iOS Developer Account with Apple:
1. To create a Public Apple account, go to: https://developer.apple.com/enroll/
2. To create an Enteprise Apple account, go to: https://developer.apple.com/
3. Select Start Your Enrollment
4. Sign in using an existing Apple ID or click Create Apple ID to create a new Apple ID.
- You need to enable two-factor authentication for the Apple ID in order to continue.
5. Read the Apple Developer Agreement, check the "By Checking this box I confirm that I have read and agree..." box and click the ‘Submit’ button
6. Confirm that your email address, name, and Country location is correct, then select one of the options from the Entity Type dropdown.
The Developer name listed on the App Store Connect is based on the type of account selected from the options below.
- Apps published to Individual Developer Accounts will display the name listed on the iOS Developer Account.
- Apps published to Company/Organization Developer Accounts will display the Company Name entered within the iOS Developer Account.
- Individual/Sole Proprietor/Single Person Business: Individuals or companies without an officially recognized business (company without a Dun and Bradstreet number). This account only allows for a single primary login to be created to the iOS Developer Account
- Company/Organization: Legally recognized Companies with a Dun and Bradstreet number can select this option. This will allow multiple user logins to be created and managed with varying permissions capabilities for each login.
If your app is branded to your company (as opposed to an individual) then you will need to enroll as a Company/Organization, and in order to do so, you will need to provide a Dun and Bradstreet (DUNS) number. If you’re uncertain as to whether your business has a DUNS number, then you can check to see here.
If don’t have a DUNS number yet, it is free to get one, and you can obtain one at this page.
Once you have a DUNS number, you can provide it to Apple during the enrollment process with Apple:
7. Fill in the Contact Information for your iOS Developer Account
8. Read the Apple Developer Program License Agreement, check the "By checking this box I confirm that I have read and agree...", box, click "Continue"
9. Confirm the Apple ID Information, Entity Type, and Contact Information and hit "Continue"
10. If you prefer your Apple Developer Program Membership to be automatically renewed, select the auto-renewal box, then click "Purchase" to enroll and pay for your yearly iOS Developer Account
11. Sign in with your Apple ID and password
12. Fill in the billing information and press "Continue" to complete the payment and setup of your yearly iOS Developer Account
13. Fill in any remaining information on the following screens. Apple will send a confirmation email within 24 hours notifying you that your iOS Developer Account was successfully created
Accessing App Store Connect
Once you've completed your enrollment in the Apple Developer Program, you can sign in to App Store Connect with the Apple ID you used to enroll.
1. Go to https://appstoreconnect.apple.com/, then sign in with your Apple ID.
2. Click any section on the homepage to access its features.
3. To add new users with access to your App Store account, from the homepage, click Users and Access, tap on (+) next to Users and fill in:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email address
- User Role
4. Click Save to confirm