In order to create and submit a new application on the Apple App Store, please follow the steps described below.
1. Register a new App ID and generate the signing files under your Apple Developer Account.
2. Send the signing files to the SpotMe App Publishing team. The required signing files are:
- iOS Distribution certificate (.p12 file)
- Push notification certificate (.p12 file)
- Provisioning profile (.mobileprovision file)
In case you would prefer to not share the signing files, please onlly generate a push notification certificate and provide it to the SpotMe team.
In that case, note that you would need to re-codesign the application file once provided by SpotMe.
3. SpotMe will build the iOS application and provide the following:
- The ready for deployment iOS app (.ipa) - in case the signing files have been shared in Step 2.
- All needed text and visual assets for the app.
- All store-related information and review instructions.
4. Create the app in App Store Connect.
- Navigate to My Apps and click on the + sign.
- Fill out the App information as follows:
- Platforms: iOS
- Name: The app name displayed on the App Store
- Primary Language: English (in case all app text assets are in English)
- Bundle ID: Select the created in Step 1. App ID
- SKU: Enter a combination of 6 numbers
- User Access: Full Access
5. Upload the .ipa file with the Transporter Apple app:
6. Under the App Information section, enter:
- The App Name as it will appear on the App Store.
- Select Business as the app's category.
- Under "Content Rights" select "No, it does not contain, show, or access third-party content".
Under “Age Rating” answer with “No” to all questions in the rating questionnaire. Final rating should be 4+.
7. Under the Pricing & Availability section, choose:
- Availability: All countries and regions selected.
- Distribution Methods: Public — Discoverable by anyone on the App Store (default).
8. Under the App Privacy section:
- Select all data types collected by the app - this information will be provided by the SpotMe App Publishing Team.
9. Under the Listing section (when clicking on the app version):
- Upload the screenshots provided by SpotMe:
- Fill out the following fields:
- App Description - up to 4000 characters.
- Keywords - up to 100 characters.
- Marketing URL - official company website.
- Support URL - App support link.
- Copyright - your company name.
- App version - as communicated by SpotMe.
- App Review Notes - as communicated by SpotMe.
- Attachment - an app demo video which will be provided by SpotMe.
Next to Build, click on + to add the app .ipa file.
Upon being prompted, answer as follows to the Export Compliance questions:
Does your app use encryption? Select Yes even if your app only uses the standard encryption within Apple’s operating system. YES
Does your app qualify for any of the exemptions provided in Category 5, Part 2 of the U.S. Export Administration Regulations? YES
Under Version Release, select Automatically release this version if you would like your app to be live and available for download as soon as it is approved.
9. To submit your app for review, click on Add for Review at the top right. Then click on “Submit for review”.
The status of your app will change to Waiting for Review. Once your app is approved on the App Store, the app status will change to "Ready for Sale" and you will be notified by email.