If you are personally managing your iOS application, please follow the steps below to submit your app on the App Store:
1. Create an app ID and generate the signing files. Detailed instructions can be found here.
2. Send the signing files to the SpotMe App Publishing team.
3. SpotMe will provide the iOS application as an .ipa file ready for deployment, and the app screenshots.
4. Create the app in App Store Connect.
- Navigate to My Apps and click on the + sign.
- Choose the newly created app ID and fill out the app details.
5. Upload the .ipa file with the Transporter Apple app:
6. Under the App Information section, enter:
- The App Name as it will appear on the App Store.
- Select Business as the app's category.
- Under "Content Rights" select "No, it does not contain, show, or access third-party content".
7. Under the Pricing & Availability section, choose:
- Availability: All countries and regions selected.
- Distribution Methods: Public — Discoverable by anyone on the App Store (default).
8. Under the App Privacy section:
- Select all data types collected by the app.
9. In the Listing section (when clicking on the app version):
- Upload the screenshots provided by SpotMe:
- Fill out the following fields:
- App Description - up to 4000 characters.
- Keywords - up to 100 characters.
- Marketing URL - official company website.
- Support URL - App support link.
- Copyright - your company name.
- App version - as communicated by SpotMe.
- App Review Notes - as communicated by SpotMe.
- Attachment - attach your signed ownership documentation.
All assets requirements can be found here.
- Next to Build, click on + to add the app file.
- Fill out the Rating Questionnaire, answering with "No" to all questions.
- Under Version Release, select Automatically release this version if you would like your app to be live and available for download as soon as it is approved.
9. To submit your app for review, click on Submit for Review in the top right.
10. Answer the next questions as follows:
- Export Compliance:
- Does your app use encryption? Select Yes even if your app only uses the standard encryption within Apple’s operating system. YES
- Does your app qualify for any of the exemptions provided in Category 5, Part 2 of the U.S. Export Administration Regulations? YES
- Third-Party Content - Does your app contain, display, or access third-party content? NO
- Advertising Identifier - Does the app use Advertising Identifier (IDFA)? NO
The status of your app will change to Waiting for Review. Once your app is approved on the App Store, you will be notified by email.