The latest version of iOS and Android app is currently 1.42.0.
- iOS, Android: Support for in-app notifications.
- iOS, Android: Support for new design for app menu.
- iOS, Android: Support for new feed actions bar.
- Various bug fixes and performance improvements on all platforms.
- Landing page translations.
Support for custom fonts has been discontinued
- The app now automatically uses the default platform font, per app design best practices.
Navigation bar required on all workspaces
- The app now automatically places the first four menu items into the navigation bar.
See our best practices for designing navigation bars.
64-bit Android compliance
For Android, starting August 1, 2019, all new apps and app updates that include native code will be required to provide 64-bit versions when publishing to Google Play. All existing 32-bit apps will continue to function normally, but will require an additional 64-bit version in order to support updates.
The 64-bit Android app will be available on July 15, 2019.
Once the release is out, the SpotMe team will start updating Android applications to the latest version supporting 64-bit code.
Activity challenge (v1.1.5)
- In-app: Improved point counting for steps and document views.
- In-app: Meetings no longer appear on agenda custom lists when "registered" or "targeted" filter is applied.
- In-app: Agenda now reloads when filters are applied.
AR Scanner (v1.0.2)
- In-app: Updated language support (English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Japanese, simplified and traditional Chinese).
Badges & certificates (v1.5.2)
- Performance and stability improvements for large printouts.
- In-app: Improved support for opening externally hosted documents.
- In-app: One-to-one and group chat functionalities are now part of the Chats module.
They have been moved out of the Messages module, which is now distinct and called the Notifications module.
- Backstage and in-app: Support added for feed aggregation.
- Backstage and in-app: Feeds are now combined into the Home Feed, with possible feed exclusion rules. Feeds can now target specific users.
- Backstage: Likes and comments count is now included in posts export.
Notifications (v4.0.2) - (formerly called Messages)
- Backstage and in-app: Messages module has now been renamed to Notifications.
- Backstage and in-app: This module no longer controls one-to-one and group messaging functionalities, which are now part of the Chats module.
- In-app: list now displays only notifications sent from Backstage or other modules.
- In-app: The Leads module allows representatives to scan event participant QRD codes (on badges or workspaces) in order to capture and qualify leads.
- Backstage: The Leads module is where captured leads are stored, viewed and downloaded.
- In-app: improved stability when saving notes containing images.
Participant matching (v1.0.1)
- In-app: Stability and performance improvements for larger workspaces.
- In-app: Support for split layout on iPad.
- In-app: Search can be performed by using full name.
- In-app: Replace Presenters module with Notifications module in the default navigation bar.
- Improved support for displaying sponsor's icons in Home Feed.
- Image block link: A link can now be added to an image block in a page.
- Text block editor has been updated to include additional text formatting options when adding text to pages, forms, or any type of content templates.
lib-fronstage 1.24.0 / frontstage-architect 1.7.0
- Page block visibility: Page blocks can now be made visible to certain participants or groups of participants by using targeting options.
- App activation options: Backstage users can configure what happens after app users activate the app. User can be directed to their profile page to edit or update it, or directed to any other item in the workplace, such as an image, a form or a feed.