Active event participants are by default visible in the event participant list.
There is however an option that allows participants to be hidden from the participant list. This can either be done by the participant via their profile in the app, or via Backstage.
Note: Participants that are hidden from the event list will not be anonymous when they interact with the event (for example when they post on a feed), and can still be searched for in the app (using the search function) by other attendees.
Depending on the workspace template used to create the workspace, this visibility option may not be available. It can be added by:
- Creating a custom choice metadata field for the Visible in app field, with YES/NO options.
- Adding the field to the Participant Profile display template.
- Creating a custom participant list that targets participants based on their selection in the Visible in app field.
How to hide a participant in the event list via Backstage
- In the workspace main menu, go to the participant list via Content > Users, and select the user you wish to change the visibility status for.
- Use the Visible in app: YES/NO options to select the status for the participant, and save your changes:
How to hide a participant in the event list via the app
Participants can change their visibility status for the event list by going to their profile in the event, and using the Do you want others to see you are attending? YES/NO options, and then saving their changes: