How to add the video to your post
Depending on the video (size/duration/format) you wish to add to your post, there are two options:
- You can attach videos that are up to 1 minute long directly to your feed post, using the video option when creating a post.
- For larger videos, you can attach documents to your feed post, using the Attachment > Document option when you crate the post. To use this option, you will first need to create a document in the workspace that contains the video:
- You can upload videos that are up to 100MB as an asset in the Documents module (via the Assets tab), and then create a document that links to the video.
- For videos over 100 MB you can upload your video to an online platform such as Youtube or Vimeo, then create a document that links to the URL of the video in Backstage.
Should you need to edit or compress the video so that it meets the requirements, more information on this is available in the Sharing videos through your workspace article.
How to create your post & video thumbnail
- Create your post as explained in the How to post on a feed from Backstage article. While creating the post, you'll choose a specific feed to post on, however by default the post will appear on the home feed (unless the selected feed is excluded from the home feed).
- Link your video to the post, as explained in the How to upload your video section above.
- Create a video thumbnail for your video. To do so, take a catchy screenshot that illustrates the content of your video nicely (when paused). You can then add the thumbnail to your post by using the Image option when your create your post. The thumbnail will appear until your audience hits play on the video. Thumbnail images are cropped to 4:3 rectangle. Images below that ratio will be fully displayed. Images above that ratio are cropped.
- Send your post.
How do feeds work in my event?
How to create a feed?
How to post on a feed from Backstage?
How to exclude feeds from the home feed?
How to moderate feed posts?
How do participants post in the event?
How to target feeds to your audience?