During live streams, you can create and run poll questions to gather the opinion of your audience or test their knowledge. This is great way to keep your audience engaged during your sessions.
A poll consists of a single question with up to four associated responses that the audience can choose from. Each of these responses can, if needed, be configured as "correct".
Polls are created, launched and controlled directly from within the live stream studio, using the Polls panel.
When a poll is launched by the live stream host or moderator, the question will appear onscreen to the audience, along with the available answers that they can choose from.
After the attendee has voted, the poll question and available responses will disappear from screen. After giving the audience the time needed to respond, the host or moderator can show the poll results to their audience.
As part of the poll results, the number and percentage of responses (or votes) for each answer will appear on screen for all to see and discuss, and the correct answer(s), if configured, will appear highlighted.
Once the host has finished discussing the poll results, the poll can be hidden from the screen, and a new poll can be launched if needed.
Notes: Live stream polls can support up to 2,500 participants.
Important: Once a poll has been launched and closed/hidden, it cannot be relaunched. Also, once a poll's results have been hidden, they can no longer be displayed again live to the audience.
How to create a poll
- Go to the Live stream module in the workspace main menu, create or select a live stream, then click on the Polls tab in the panel to the right:
- Click on + New poll to create a first poll question. Here you can add the poll question, and the available answers that the event participants will be able to choose from. Each individual poll can have a maximum of 4 possible responses that the audience can choose from.
Note: Questions can display up to 80 characters onscreen and responses can display up to 30 characters (including spaces). Any text beyond that will be displayed as "..." on screen when the poll is launched.
Here you can also select whether each answer is a correct response to the poll question:
- After adding the information for the first poll question. Click on Save poll. This will add the poll question to the Polls tab in the live stream:
- You can repeat steps 1, 2, and 3 to add and save as may polls as you like.
How to launch and run a poll
During your live stream, whenever you are ready you can ask your audience a question from the list of previously created poll questions:
- In the live stream, go to the Polls tab and click on the question you want to ask your audience:
- To start the poll and allow your audience to participate, click on Launch poll:
- The question is displayed on screen to the audience, and the participants can answer by selecting one of the available answers:
- Once the attendee has selected a response, the poll window disappears and a note is displayed explaining that the poll results will be shared shortly by the host:
- During the poll, in the polling panel, you can see the poll results come in for each available response. Once you have received the audience's responses you can click on Show final results:
This will close the poll by stopping attendees from being able to vote. The results are shared with the attendees, including the correct answer highlighted:
- Once you have finished discussing the poll results with your audience, click on Hide results:
This fully ends the poll. The poll question and answers are no longer displayed to attendees, and the poll can no longer be launched (or the results displayed again).
In the polling panel, the status of the poll is updated in the list of polls. Here we can see that the poll question is marked as Voted:
Remember that once you've run your poll, the poll results are included in the stream analytics report.