During live streams, you can run poll questions to gather the opinion of your audience or test their knowledge. This is great way to keep your audience engaged during your sessions.
When a poll is launched by the live stream host or moderator, the question will appear onscreen to the audience, along with the available answers they can choose from. The number and percentage of responses (or votes) each answer receives from the audience will appear in real time for all to see and discuss.
Polls can be created directly from within the live stream. Once created, they can just as easily be run directly from the same screen.
Once you've run your poll, the results are also included in the stream analytics.
Note: Live stream polls supports up to 2,500 participants.
How to create a poll
- Go to the Live stream module in the workspace main menu, create or select a live stream, then click on the Polls tab in the panel to the right:
- Click on + New poll to create a first poll question. Here you can add the poll question, and the available answers that the event participants will be able to choose from.
Note: Questions can display up to 80 characters onscreen and responses can display up to 30 characters (including spaces). Any text beyond that will be displayed as "..." on screen when the poll is launched.
You can also select whether each answer is a correct or incorrect response to the poll question:
- After adding the information for the first poll question. Click on Save. This will add the poll question to the poll tab in the live stream:
- You can repeat steps 1, 2, and 3 to add and save as may questions as you like.
How to launch and run a poll
During your live stream, whenever you are ready you can ask your audience a question from the list of previously created poll questions:
- In the live stream, go to the Polls tab and click on the question you want to ask your audience.
Now click on Launch poll:
- The question is displayed on screen, and the participants can answer by selecting one of the available answers:
The percentage of the audience responses will display for each answer in real time.
The time the poll was launched, the total number of votes, as well as the percentage of participation in the poll (based on the total number of participants in the audience) are also displayed for the on screen question.
Below you can see bow this poll question looked for the live stream audience.
Here the participant has selected Answer 1 as their response to the question, which was set as a "correct" response when creating the poll question.
The selection therefore appears in green to the participant, and the total percentage of participants that answered the question correctly is also displayed (here 100%):
- Once the poll is completed by the participants and you have finished discussing the results in the live stream with your audience, you can close the poll by clicking on the Close poll button.
The status of your poll questions is updated automatically in the list of questions. Here we can see that the two poll questions are marked as Voted.
Remember that once you've run your poll, the results are also included in the stream analytics.