Accessing the app
How to access the app?
Depending on how the event access is organized, in order to access the event you will have received either an event invitation email, a registration confirmation email, or an email to download the mobile app:
Invitation email with link to web app:
Invitation email with link to download the mobile app (including basic instructions)
AND link to access web app
Depending on how you will attend the event, please follow the instructions in the email received from the event team to access the event app (mobile app or web app).
After entering my email I do not receive an email to access my profile
Please check that you have entered the correct email when accessing the app (the one that you provided for the event).
Please check your spam folders in your inbox, in case the email was marked as spam.
I can't find my access link, or the link is not working
If the link you have is not working, please verify that you are using the correct link (the latest one that you received by email for this specific event).
If you are using the correct and latest link, and it still does not work, please contact your event organizer or our support team using the button at the bottom right of this page.
Tip: When you receive your access link by email, it can be very helpful to add it as a shortcut or a bookmark in your web browser.
How do I log back in?
You can visit webapp.spotme.com to login with your email address that you have registered with.
If you do not remember which email address you used, try checking your inbox for a registration confirmation email.
If that does not work, please reach out to your event organizer.
I can access other websites but I can’t access the SpotMe platform
If you are using a restricted/controlled network, such as a corporate network, access to the SpotMe platform may be restricted, therefore preventing you from accessing an event or a registration page. If this is the case, try the following:
- Copy/paste the registration or access event link (URL) into your browser (for example https://webapp.spotme.com/login/eventspace/ABCDE), instead of clicking on a Register here or Access event button.
- If you are trying to register via the WIFI on a computer, try to register via your mobile device while on 4G network (you can later switch back to WIFI). If you are already trying to register via mobile device, try using a different device.
- Contact the network administrator and refer them to the Domain allow list and split tunneling on corporate networks article, to ensure that access to the required domains and IP networks is permitted at all times.
- If the problem persists after trying the above steps, please reach to our support team.
Will I be automatically logged out of the app if I am inactive for a period of time?
On mobile app, users will not be logged out - there is no set period of "inactivity" after which they will be logged out.
On web app, the default validity period for a web app session is 14 days. The duration of validity of a session is automatically restarted each time the web app user is active. More information
If your device is using a VPN (virtual private network) nd you are unable to access the app, please try to follow the below steps:
- Disable and re-enable the VPN on the device, and try to activate the app.
- Refresh the VPN, re-install the app, and try to activate the app.
- If your device is not a managed device, try disabling the VPN and activating the app.
- If your device is a managed device, the VPN will be required for the app to work . If the above steps fail, please contact your organization's system administrator for assistance. It could be that a configuration or certificates are missing on the device.
Using the app
How do I change my photo?
To change your profile photo follow these steps:
- Click on your name on the right side of the app
- Click on the placeholder icon
- Select a PNG or JPG photo to use as your profile photo
- Click save at the bottom of the screen
Note, for some events this option may be disabled and you can use only the photo the event organizer uploaded.
What timezone are the sessions displayed in?
All sessions and other time related information in the app is displayed in your browser's timezone, ie. they are local to your time.
How can I add a session to my calendar?
To add the whole event to your calendar check the registration email in your inbox. The email usually has a link that allows you to save the event to your calendar.
If you want to save a specific session to your calendar you can click on Save button on the session page and then select your calendar app.
I can't see the points I've earned in the app
Some activities in the app take up to 10 minutes for the points to be rewarded and become visible in the app. Please wait for 10 minutes, and if you still can't see your points please contact your event organizer or our support team using the button at the bottom right of this page.
There is a red banner at the top of the web app screen
If you see a red banner on top of the web app screen, it means that the SpotMe platform is not able to send you real time information from our servers, which may prevent you from seeing the latest available information, watching a live stream or receiving notifications in the app.
If your see this:
- Try to click on the Reconnect button in the red banner, or try to refresh the page.
- If you still see the red banner, you may have network settings that are preventing things from working. Please contact your network administrator for assistance, and refer them to this article where they will find information on how to adjust the network settings.
I do not receive push notifications during polls
Notification pop-ups will only appear in the upper right corner of the app. If you are using another tab or another app at the same time, you may miss them.
If you miss a polling notification, you can click on Notifications item in the top or side bar of the app to access the poll.
If you are using the mobile app, please check that you did not disable notifications for the app, via the notification settings of your device (Settings > Notifications).
My posts are not appearing on the feed
Please note that some event feeds may have moderators who approve the posts before they are displayed. If this is the case, posts may not appear directly, but should appear once they are approved.
How can I change my email address?
Unfortunately chaining an email address is not possible at this time.
On the mobile app, I can't find the list of other events that I have access to in the app
To see the list of events you have access to, go to the app menu and tap My other events.
On the mobile app, pages or functionalities are not loading properly
Please make sure that your app is fully up to date, by checking the app on the App store or Google play.
What internet bandwidth do I need to watch streams?
For the best possible experience, a download bandwidth of 4.8 Mbps is needed to see live streams in full HD (1080p). Attendees will require a minimum download bandwidth of 1.5 Mbps, in order to see the stream in low resolution (360p).
The stream player resolution will automatically adapt to the attendee's available bandwidth, following the below increments:
Live video streaming
Test your internet connection and streaming quality at test.spotme.com.
Web browser and operating system recommendations
- We recommend using a modern web browser such as Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome or Safari.
- Make sure you are using the most updated version of your web browser.
- Clear the cache of your web browser.
- Make sure you are using the latest version of your operating system.
- Try to disable any unnecessary browser extensions. To do so, go to the Preferences or Settings in your browser, click on Extensions, then temporarily disable all the extensions.
Please note Internet Explorer is not supported.
I have no sound or sound is low quality
- Click on volume icon on the video player to adjust the volume, or hover over the icon and slide the volume bar to increase the volume.
- Ensure the browser tab with the video is not muted, right-click on the browser tab of your stream and click on "Unmute tab" or "Unmute site".
- Check the volume of your computer.
- There may be volume controls on your keyboard.
- If you are using a laptop, unplug any external speakers, headphones or screens.
- If you are using Bluetooth headphones, try re-connecting them with your computer.
We recommend using headphones for best sound quality.
Video is not loading or buffering
- Make sure the video is not paused, if you see the Play ▶️ icon, click the icon to resume watching.
- Test your internet connection speed with an online test. For the best possible experience, a download bandwidth of 4.8 Mbps is needed to see streams in full HD (1080p). Attendees will require a minimum download bandwidth of 1.5 Mbps, in order to see the stream in low resolution (360p). More information
- If you are using a VPN, try turning it off.
- If you are on wireless, try following these tips to improve the internet speed:
Move your router to a central location in your home.
Do not place your router close to a microwave or cordless phones, they can create wireless interference.
Keep your router off the floor. You'll have better signal strength if your router is on a shelf rather than behind or under furniture.
Restart your router, to see if this may solve any internet connection issues.
- Try a different connection, like a mobile hotspot or a wired connection.
Please also remember that public networks can often have limited bandwidth.
Video is freezing or stuttering
- Try using a modern web browser like Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome or Safari.
- Close any other open browser tabs that you do not need.
- Close any other apps running on your computer that you are not using.
Video quality is low
We use adaptive streaming quality, which means that you may see lower quality video just at the very beginning of the stream (so you can join quickly), or if your internet connection is slow.
Leave the stream playing for up to a minute to allow for the quality to improve. If the quality is still low after a minute, check our tips above on improving your internet connection.
Audio or video quality from a specific speaker is low
Unfortunately, some speakers may have a temporarily a slower internet connection, which can affect their audio/video. This is not something you can fix as a viewer.
Audio and video are out of sync
Pause the video by clicking the Pause ⏸ icon, then resume the video again after a few seconds by clicking the Play ▶️ icon.
Do I have to use VPN to see the video?
No, your event's website will be available outside of the VPN. We recommend that you do not use VPN if possible.
I have sent a question but it's not appearing
Questions you send in the Q&A panel are often moderated and managed by panelists. As soon as they see your question and decide that it's relevant for the discussion, they will approve it and the question will appear in the list.
Live stream interpretation
How do I switch on interpretation?
Click on the "Change the language" button in the stream player, select your language, and then click on Connect.
How do I switch off the live interpretation?
Click on the "Change the language" button on the viewer, and click on Disconnect.
Live stream interpretation is not working in my browser
Live interpretation is only supported in Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and Safari browsers on desktop. It is not supported on mobile apps or mobile web.
I can't hear the interpretation audio
Make sure that you have switched on the interpretation and clicked on Connect in the Interprefy window. Live interpretation audio volume is adjusted via the computer volume, try to increase the volume on your computer.
I don’t see my language in the available options
This means that your language is not available for interpretation. For more information you may wish to contact your event organizer.
I hear both the live stream and the interpretation at the same time
Breakouts and Video chat
Test your browser and computer for compatibility with Video breakouts and chat at https://tokbox.com/developer/tools/precall/.
Can I join a video call when using a VPN?
Right now, we do not recommend using a VPN for video breakouts.
Because our service is using peer to peer connections, not having a consistent IP address can cause problems connecting to rooms, or in some cases a specific guest in the room.
Our recommendation is to temporarily turn off your VPN when having video breakouts, and then turn it back on after finishing the meeting.
My browser is not supported
If you are using a computer on which you cannot install new software, you will be unable to join the breakout.
Can't share my screen
Screen sharing is fully supported in Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox browsers, where you can choose between sharing:
Safari currently supports only sharing your main screen.
I can't join a video call, or can't join with my webcam
- Make sure you are using one of the supported browsers as listed above.
- Make sure you have given the permission to the web browser to access both the camera and microphone. Depending on your browser you should see a camera icon in the URL bar and click on it.
- Check that your browser does not have additional privacy settings that prevent it from sharing your webcam and microphone with websites.
- Check the information on this page on screen sharing and restricted countries.
- Make sure you close any other applications that may be using your camera at the same time (like other video conferencing tools for example).
Can't join a video call or share video/audio
If you are having difficulties joining a video call or sharing your webcam or microphone, follow the steps below:
- Make sure you are using one of the supported browsers as listed above.
- Make sure you have given the permission to the web browser to share content.
- Check the information on the restricted countries, and how to share a video with sound (if applicable).
- Make sure you close any other applications that may be interfering, such as other video conferencing tools.
How can I screen share a video with sound?
Sharing audio from your computer is supported only when you are using Google Chrome and you share a Chrome tab.
To share a video in Video breakouts you can:
- Drag and drop your video file into Google Chrome to open it as a new tab.
- Click Share > Share screen in Video breakouts.
- Select Chrome Tab at the top of the Share your screen popup.
- Select the tab with your video.
- Check Share audio in the bottom corner of your popup.
- Click Share.
Still having issues?
If you are having an issue that's not listed here, feel free to reach to our support team.