This accessibility statement applies to the SpotMe’s web and mobile application for event attendees (later referred to as the “application”).
Using the application
This application is run by SpotMe on behalf of our customers. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website and mobile application, which means that you should be able to:
- Zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen.
- Navigate the website using just a keyboard.
- Navigate the website using speech recognition software.
- Listen to most of the website using a screen reader (most well-known screen readers).
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand. For more advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability, visit the AbilityNet website.
Accessibility of the application
We are aware that some parts of this application are not fully accessible, and have listed the issues according to level of impact, from high to low:
Higher priority issues
- Menu items of the website are not always appropriately marked as links or buttons.
- Different days of the agenda and the session list do not read out as single elements.
- Live streamed videos do not have captions.
Lower priority issues
- Some icon buttons read out additional text (code name of the icon).
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille, please visit our contact page for information on how to request this.
Reporting accessibility problems with the application
We have tested a sample of pages on the website. If you find an issue we have not yet identified, you can report it to us. We’ll pass this information to the website owner who will review the issue, make sure it is included in our plan to fix issues and add it into the accessibility statement when it is next updated.
Please visit our contact page to report an accessibility problem.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No.2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you are not satisfied with the way we respond to your complaint, please contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Ways to contact us
You can contact us online using the live support chat from our contact page.
Technical information about this application’s accessibility
SpotMe is committed to making its applications accessible, in accordance with the 2019 European Accessibility Act (EAA).
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 - AA standard, due to the non-compliances and exemptions listed below.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons:
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
- Users cannot modify the line height or spacing of text (WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.4.12)
- Tabs cannot be navigated using keyboard alone (WCAG 2.1 success criterion 2.1.1)
- The carousel pips or counters are not keyboard accessible/operable and the active pip/counter is not programmatically determined (WCAG 2.1 success criterion 2.1.1)
- When the users presses the next or previous controls on carousels, the new slide is not announced (WCAG 2.1 success criterion 4.1.3)
Content not within the scope of the accessibility regulation
PDFs and other documents
We cannot enforce accessibility of any PDFs or Word documents uploaded by our customers.
Pre-recorded time-based media
We do not plan to add captions to pre-recorded time-based media because these are exempt from meeting the accessibility regulations.
We do plan to add captions to live video streams, however we will not be able to enforce it’s usage by our customers.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on August 23, 2021. It was last reviewed on August 23, 2021.
This app was last tested on August 23, 2021. The test was carried out by SpotMe, using automated tools and personal observation.
We selected a sample of web pages that are part of an established core user-journey of the app.
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
We are working to address the issues identified in the ‘Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations’ section above. We will prioritise our efforts to address the issues with the highest impact on users. We are working to develop an accessibility roadmap to show how and when we plan to improve accessibility on this website.
SpotMe runs this app on behalf of our customers, which create and upload event content. Therefore, some of these issues are not within our control to address. We will raise these issues with our customers to find solutions, where possible.