Video breakouts and session registration
If session registration is enabled on the session, and the participant has registered for the session, the video breakout is automatically launched when the participant navigates to the session.
If the participant has not registered to the session, they will not see the video breakout in the session, and will not be able to join the video breakout.
Connectivity test in Studio
Speakers and hosts can now test their live stream connection prior to joining the live room, and see a report of any detected issues.
New Embed component in page templates
The Embed component can now be used to add embedded content to any type of page template in an event.
User profile "Position" field
A new default field called "Position" (metadata: "attendance_type") has been added to the user profiles to indicate whether they are participating in person or virtually.
The latest version of the app is 2.3.8 for iOS and 2.0.4 for Android.
The new Eventspace app is now available. More information here.
Activity challenge (v1.9.15)
- In Backstage: Improved support for counting points rewarded for quiz correct answers.
- In Backstage: The range of days displayed to partipants in the agenda calendar are now by default those situated between the start and end date of the event (specified in event settings).
Sessions scheduled outside of the start to end dates of the event will by default not be displayed. A setting called “Calculate start and end dates” is now available in Content → Sessions → Preferences → Agenda calendar and can be enabled to include any sessions in the agenda calendar that are scheduled outside of the event start to end date range.
Attendance tracking (v.5.0.0)
- In Backstage: Under the hood adjustments made to support use with new version of Agenda.
- In Backstage: Improved support for displaying special characters in UI when linking a document to a session.
- In Backstage: Resolved isolated issue of partipants not being able to like comments made on posts associated to separate feeds.
- In Backstage: Links in posts are now colored for posts created from Backstage, and mentions now systematically work when followed with punctuation marks.
- In Backstage: Improved stability for exporting poll results when poll questions have been edited after being launched/closed.
Live streams (v1.8.3)
- In Backstage: Improved support for displaying special characters in UI when linking a live stream to a session.
- In Backstage: HTML option has been removed for entering notification body text.
- In app: Updates made to support dark mode theme on iOS.
- In Backstage: Improved stability for importing Speaker photos.
- In Backstage: Support added to re-include participant web app log-in URLs in exports, when performed by users who have "manager" role in the workspace.
- In Backstage: A new default field called "Position" (metadata: "attendance_type") has been added to the user profiles to indicate whether they are participating in person or virtually.