- Video chat
Start a video call from a chat with up to 20 participants, no downloads required. Available in the Chat module and only on the web. More information.
- Video breakouts
Released on April 7, the new video breakouts now allows up to 50 participants to join simultaneously, all using their webcam. Simply update your the Agenda and Sponsor modules on your workspace to enable the new video breakouts.
Participants can now see who is on the call, add them to their contacts, and start a private conversation with them.
Coming soon: From Backstage, you'll soon be able to add collaborative tools such as Miro whiteboards or Google docs, for your participants to directly interact with.
- SpotMe streaming (RTMPS) speaker and moderator permalinks
When streaming with RTMPS, you can now share distinct permalinks with both moderators and speakers, so they can access the live stream room and view/control Q&A and polls without logging into Backstage. More information.
- SpotMe Studio moderator permalink
When streaming with Studio, you can now share a permalink with moderators that contains only access to the stream's Q&A & polls in streams, without them logging into Backstage. More information.
- SpotMe API updates
New APIs: Create new workspaces or get notified about new workspaces in your organization via webhooks. Pull live stream analytics for individual streams and sessions.
- Braindate integration improvements
Meetings pulled from Braindate now include an authenticated link to the date, for easy navigation between the two platforms.
- Deep link generator
Starting May 7, the deep link generator will be no longer available. Here's a better way to give your partners access to Backstage.
- Magic link export
Starting May 7, activation codes and web app links will be no longer be included in user exports. Use our API instead for system-to-system integrations.
The latest version of the app is 1.58.8 for iOS and 1.58.4 for Android.
Activity challenge (v1.9.8)
- In Backstage: Resolved issue with points not being awarded for visiting session pages.
- In Backstage: Resolved issue with points not being awarded for viewing webcast documents.
- In Backstage: Resolved issue preventing bookmarked master sessions from showing in a custom list.
- In Backstage: Resolved issue preventing participants from registering for sessions with managed capacity on mobile apps.
- Support added for updated version of video breakouts.
- Meetings pulled from Braindate now include an authenticated link to the date, for easy navigation between the two platforms.
- In app: Start a video call from a chat with up to 20 participants, no downloads required. Available only on the web.
- In app: Resolved issue with new messages not appearing when clicking on notification.
- In app: Support added for Add to contacts button in video calls.
- In Backstage: New "Sandbox" option added for connecting to Cvent.
- In app: "Sent at" time for forms is now shown in the event's timezone.
- In Backstage: Fixed issue with spacing in form result export.
Live streams (v1.8.1)
- In Backstage: When copying/duplicating a workspace, only the live streams with "scheduled" status are copied, without attachments.
- In Backstage: New permalinks available for inviting moderators to Studio live streams, and moderators and speakers to RTMPS live streams.
- In app: Resolved issue with live stream Q&A questions not appearing on tablet.
- In Backstage: Minor update to wording in message displayed after opening stream preview.
- In app: Resolved issue causing the app to crash when tapping meetings on Android and iOS.
Participant matching (v1.2.7)
- In Backstage: Resolved issue preventing matches from processing and displaying.
Prize store (v1.3.3)
- In Backstage: Resolved issue with mobile app users not able to complete transactions on prize store.
- In Backstage: Resolved issue preventing using forced order of speakers for speaker list.
- In app: Resolved issue with speakers not being sorted alphabetically if their first first name started with a lower case letter.
- Support added for new version of video breakouts in sponsor profiles.
- In Backstage: Support added for copying sponsor private access links.