The below Backstage updates will be available on May 17, 2022.
New Emails module
A fully revamped Emails module is now available. More information.
The updates include:
- 100% new and highly intuitive email editor.
- "active" or "inactive" status to manage the availability of email templates in the workspace.
- Added "Name" field to better identify templates when selecting them in the workspace.
- New "From" sender address verification with error message, in particular when changing the email domain.
- Fully updated SpotMe email templates and template list page (with "Name", "Last modified", and "Status" columns added).
The "legacy" Email editor is still accessible for use, for example for using custom HTML emails.
Video breakout moderation actions affect mobile app attendees
Breakout moderation actions (mute / ask to unmute / kick-out) now work on attendees joining via the mobile app. Pinning attendees is not supported.
The latest version of the app is 2.12.0 for iOS and 2.8.1 for Android.
Improved feed posting
New easy-to-access floating action button added for posting on feeds on mobile.
Revamped QR scanner
New buttons for toggling between the scanner and show code functions, as well as a more visible square for scanning codes.
Improved user interface for Q&A and polling
Answering now questions and live polls are now displayed below the live stream window, for a more comfortable viewer experience.
Activity challenge (v1.12.2)
- In Backstage: Resolved isolated issue preventing point adjustments from being made.
- In Backstage: When enabling breakouts on multiple sessions via XLS imports, users can now be added as video breakout moderators, by adding the users' fp_ext_id to the video_call_moderators.0, video_call_moderators.1 etc. columns.
- In Backstage: Resolved isolated issue of registered participants not appearing in session registration exports.
- In Backstage: Translation key added for the session toolbar reminder button.
- In app: Resolved issue preventing the user search from working when searching for a recipient for a chat message.
Cvent integration (v2.6.2)
- Removed error being generated when there are no registrations to import.
- Resolved issue with session "Attendee" and "Guest" filters not displaying the correct sessions in app agenda.
- In app: Resolved issue with additional empty checkboxes appearing in participant matching form.
- In Backstage: Removed empty or deleted fields from the form results export.
Live streams (v1.12.0)
- In Backstage: Translation strings added for "days", "Start the stream" and "You are almost ready".
- In Backstage: In map editor, resolved error when selecting "Search Icon Only" in the "Show" dropdown list.
- In app: Removed a blank gap that would appear at at the top of the screen when opening the map/location on mobile app.
- In app: Resolved error with notifications that contained direct links to floors/locations. The links now point to the correct floor/location instead of the main map.
- In app: Meetings can now be deleted with a swipe action.
- In Backstage: Emails templates have now been updated to use the new email editor.
- In Backstage: Support added to import video breakout moderators via XLS upload.
- In Backstage: When sending an email and selecting "Every user" in the dropdown, emails are now sent to all users, including those that registered via a registration page and have not yet confirmed their email address.
Veeva integration (v2.5.0)
- Veeva credentials are only visible in the Credentials tab if the Backstage user has an "organization administrator" role, with the exception of the Event VOD, Status VOD and Override attendee email fields fields.
- A new Track attendance per session checkbox has been added to the "Attendance tracking" and "Stats" data types. This setting is checked by default.
When checked, attendance (live stream time watched, claps and questions) is computed for each session separately. When unchecked, attendance is computed for all streams in the event, combined, regardless of the sessions.