The below Backstage updates will be available on April 19, 2022.
Live stream closed captions
Add real-time closed captions for the language spoken, as well as simultaneously translated subtitles in up to 3 other languages. Supported for streams on SpotMe Studio, SpotMe streaming (RTMPS), and SpotMe Express webinars. More information
New event registration module
We've added a new built-in registration module in Backstage to sign up your audience for your events and webinars. Easily create a branded online registration page, with custom fields to collect the attendee profile information you need. More information.
Download live stream recordings
In Backstage, you can now easily download live stream recordings in MP4 format, for RTMPS and SpotMe Studio live streams, and SpotMe Express webinars.
The Download button is present in the list of live streams, and in the actual live stream/webinar screen in Backstage. More information.
1080p live streaming
Our platform now streams at 1080p resolution, to better support high quality video input. Supported only with RTMPS live streams.
Veeva integration update
The Veeva credentials fields are now hidden in Backstage for all users that do not have the organization admin role.
Search for users
You can now serach for attendees in Backstage using their email address in the Users list.
Choose your shortlink (quick link) icon
You can now choose an icon for your home page carrousel quick links (via the short link) directly in Backstage. You will need to update the QR Scanner module for this to be available in your workspace.
Posting in feeds
A new easy-to-access section for feed posting has been added at top of the app home screen.
Video breakouts can now be mass-enabled/disabled for sessions and sponsors, via a session or sponsor XLS export/import in Backstage. More information available in the Schedule video breakouts article.
The latest version of the app is 2.11.0 for iOS and 2.6.3 for Android.
On April 15 2022 we stopped supporting version 1.0 of the mobile app. Please visit the app store page of your app container to verify that it is using version 2.0.
Attendance tracking (v5.0.6)
- Backstage: Resolved issue allowing for attendees to be checked-in to sessions that they were not registered to, despite configuration.
- In Backstage: Under-the-hood improved support for attendee synchronization.
- In Backstage: Document "Name" metadata is now protected and cannot be edited/deleted.
- In app: Support for new call to action for feed posting, located at the top of the app home screen
- In app: Resolved isolated issue when mentioning/linking attendees in a feed post.
- In Backstage: The API now returns the individual question labels (the actual question) in addition to the question ID.
Live streams (v1.11.0)
- Support added for new "Download" button, to download an MP4 video recording of a published live stream, from the live stream list or the open live stream window.
- Support added for the use of closed captions in live streams.
- In app: Improved support for dark mode theme.
- Minor adjustment for improved data synchronization.
- Under-the hood-changes for improved stability.
- In app and live view: In word cloud, resolved isolated issues with submitting words and displaying results on live screen.
QR scanner (v3.2.1)
- In Backstage: Improved support for exporting QR code (shortlink) scans.
The maximum number of tabs in the Excel export is set to 50 to avoid creating excessively large XLS files. If the export exceeds 50 tabs, the QR Scan summary will be exported instead.
- In Backstage: Support added for search by email in user list in Backstage.
- In Backstage: Support for resolving isolated issue when mentioning/linking attendees in a feed post.
Veeva integration (v2.4.0)
- Veeva credentials are now only visible in the Credentials tab if the Backstage user has an "organization administrator" role.