There are a variety of settings that can be used to manage your workspace:
In this article we'll provide an overview of those settings, where you can find them in Backstage, and how they work.
The workspace settings are accessible via the workspace main menu, by clicking on Settings.
The first option in the menu is the General settings, and includes four tabs:
- General settings.
- Web app settings.
- App preferences.
Below we'll take a closer look at each of these tabs.
The General tab allows you to access and edit all the workspace details or data.
This includes all the information and settings used when the workspace is created:
From here, you can:
- Edit any of the workspace details or information, such as the name, container app, production status, title, subtitle, etc. For more information on each of these settings please refer to the Workspace information section in the Creating a workspace article.
- Change or add the venue timezone.
- Change or add the language for the workspace.
- Enable or disable the cookie banner for the web app.
- Enable or disable the use of passwords for the event/workspace.
- Add or create legal documents associated to the workspace.
- Create a workspace template based off the current workspace, in order to re-use it when creating future workspaces.
- Customize the Add to calendar buttons that will be used in your event's email templates and registration pages, by editing the title, location, and description.
Web app settings
The Web app settings tab allows you to change certain settings that apply when users access the workspace via the web app:
Enable web app specific settings - selecting this displays the additional options below:
- One time links - Selecting this makes the link received by web app users to log into web app work only once.
- Session TTL seconds - by default, after logging in, the log in remains valid in for a duration of two weeks. This can be modified (for example shortened) by entering a different value here (in seconds).
- Whitelisted IPs - IP addresses from which users can connect. If no IP addresses are added here the users can log-in from any IP address.
Settings > Home launcher:
Here you can configure what you would like to see on the Home page. By default, the Home feed is selected, as this is the recommended use for this setting.
Other recommended uses include an individual feed, a specific page, or a session.
Note: If you are associating the home launcher with the home feed (aggregated feed), then the banner used is the one configured in the Design category > Home > Home feed.
If you are associating the home launcher with a single custom feed, then the banner used is the one configured in the feed itself, via the Live category > Feed > Feed details.
Important: Associating the home launcher with external content (for example a website or video outside the app), a live stream, or a document is not supported.
Settings > Date:
Here you can configure whether the app should use the event timezone or the user's device timezone.
Content editors > Activation settings:
You can use the activation settings to choose what will happen when the users activate/access the app for the first time:
- Open a document - Select an item in the app that is opened automatically when the app user first accesses the app. This could be a feed, a form, a page, etc.
- Open in fullscreen - Checking this box will make the item selected in "open a document" open in full screen on the user's device.
- Hide the toolbar - Checking this box will make the item selected in "open a document" display without the toolbar.
- Start by editing the user profile - Checking this box will make the app prompt the user to update their profile, when they access the app for the first time.
The Team settings allow you to manage the team members that have access to your workspace, and their permissions. More information on this is available in the Adding and removing team members article.
The Metadata settings gives you access to the metadata manager. For more information on this please refer to the Metadata manager article.
These settings are no longer used as they were replaced by the SpotMe marketplace.